Growing a productive garden requires a loose & organic soil. Be sure to select seeds and garden plants that are recommended for your growing zone. A Soil Activator will enhance fertilizer & soil enzyme activity increasing vegetable production & seed development. Herbicide Granules containing Treflan can be used around many vegetable seeds & plants to prevent certain weeds from growing. Incorporate in the soil before planting to prevent weeds from germinating.
A Tomato and Vegetable Food meets the nutritional requirements of all vegetables, increasing plant vitality & yield production. Apply once a month throughout the growing season. Feed container grown vegetables with a Blooming & Rooting Soluble Plant Food weekly throughout the growing season.
Insect & Disease Control
- For general insect control apply ferti•lome® Triple Action Plus II Insecticide • Fungicide • Miticide (up to day of harvest in many cases) or a Garden Dust every 10-14 days as directed. A Garden, Pet & Livestock Dust is an effective alternative to spraying.
- Control specific insects such as Cutworms with Dipel Dust
- Control Fire Ants (along with other soil based insects) with a Vegetable & Ornamental Insect Control Granules
- Use a Vegetable, Flower, Fruit and Ornamental Fungicide to control most common disease problems.
- Apply a Yield Booster to control Blossom End Rot on Tomatoes.
Unwanted weeds will sap vital nutrients & moisture from the soil. Prevent many weeds around listed vegetables (see label) by applying a Herbicide Granules containing Treflan before planting or seeding. Kill listed grassy-type growing weeds around selected vegetables with a Grass Killer Postemergence Grass Herbicide. For all other weeds selectively apply a Super Concentrate Weed and Grass Killer as needed
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 29 December, 2016.