Princess 77 bermudagrass is the first fine textured hybrid bermudagrass to be available in seeded form. Princess 77 seed is produced much like hybrid seed corn, but instead of two inbred parent lines, two self-incompatible but cross-fertile parent clones are planted in alternating rows. The specific combining ability of the two elite parent clones is what makes Princess 77, an F1 Hybrid, the first hybrid Bermudagrasses for turfgrass quality, leaf texture, color, and density.
Hybrid Seeded Bermudagrass Experimental Designation – FMC 77
• Outstanding Drought Tolerance • Increased Shade Tolerance
• Acceptable Salt Tolerance
• High Leaf Density
• Excellent Fall Color Retention
• Medium Fine Leaf Texture
• Better Divot Recovery than Tifway
• Dark Green Color
• Golf Courses (Fairways, & Tees)
• Athletic Fields
• Park Settings
• Home Lawns
• New Turf Applications – 1-2 lbs/1000 sq ft (0.5-1 kg/1—sq meters) One pound of unhulled Princess 77 contains 2,200,000 seeds compared to 1,400,000 of unhulled NuMex Sahara, which is 57% more seeds per pound. That is why we recommend a lower seeding rate for Princess 77 compared to other varieties.
After the new turf is established, less frequent, deep watering is desirable. Recommended mowing height is 3/16 to 1 in. (5 to 25 mm) with no more than 1/3 of the leaf blade removed per mowing. Full coverage may be attained in 4 to 6 weeks with proper management. Fertilize with 1/2 to 1 lb/1000 sq ft actual N (0.25 to 0.5 kg/100 sq m) per month of growing season for optimum performance. Fertilization may be reduced by 1/2 if clippings are returned.