Creeping Red Fescue Seed - 50 LBS
Creeping red fescue makes excellent lawns and turf for ground cover in landscaping. It is particularly important in shaded locations and on sandy soils. Creeping Red Fescue is an exceptionally shade tolerant, low growing, fine textured turf with a dark green color.
Advantages of Creeping Red Fescue:
- Has an excellent tolerance to heavily shaded areas.
- Has a high tolerance for cold temperatures and shade, moderate tolerance for drought and wear.
- Creates excellent permanent turf that thrives in shady, cool and damp areas.
- Excellent companion grass.
Creeping Red Fescue is used on home lawns, parks, landscape areas, athletic fields, golf courses and playgrounds.
Areas Of Adaptation
Creeping Red Fescue thrives as a permanent turf in areas where cool season grasses are adapted. This would be from the transition zone, north and in the shady areas of the transition zone.
Establishment of Creeping Red Fescue
- Used alone, requires a seeding rate of 5 lbs. per 1000 square feet.
- When used as part of a blend, the required rate is 3 lbs. per 1000 square feet.
- Germination begins in approximately 6 to 10 days.
Fertilization For Creeping Red Fescue
Use 1 lb. Nitrogen per 1000 sq. ft. per growing month.
- Re-apply as grass shows fading color.
- Apply from 4 up to 6 lbs. N per 1000 sq. ft. maximum per year.